Event Related Potentials might be an accurate neurophysiological biomarker for early diagnosis of AD and prediction of MCI to AD conversion.
- ERPs is a non-invasive and test low-cost test, with high temporal resolution (in the level of msec) in assessing neural activity.
- ERPs holds promise as early and accurate neurophysiological biomarker of AD.
- ERPs might be able to assess early changes indicative of future cognitive impairment in healthy elderly.
- The auditory oddball paradigm is most often used.
- Increased ERP latency and reduced amplitude are associated with brain atrophy and cognitive impairment.
Read more here