EAN Website Editor job description (2 year position)
The EAN is a non-profit, independent organisation representing more than 45,000 members, as well as 47 European national societies. The EAN, Europe’s Home of Neurology, brings together national neurological societies, individual neurologists and related scientists to speak with one united voice. The EAN campaigns at a European level to ensure continued resources for research into neurological disorders and diseases, while working closely with patient organisations to ensure the interests and perspectives of patients are embedded in everything we do. The EAN aims to keep Europe at the forefront of neurological research and maintain its position as one of the world’s scientific hotspots in neurology.
The EAN Communication Committee is responsible for advising the EAN Board on communication strategy and assisting the board in liaising with other professional, scientific and lay organisations in the field of neurology in Europe and beyond, as well as the European Union and other European Institutions. The EAN Communication Committee is responsible for EAN pages and the EAN website.
The EAN website, EAN.org, is used to disseminate information, sustain, develop and endorse education, strengthen collaboration, and represent the EAN to its members and the general public. The EAN website provides information about the EAN, its activities and official publications, and provides news on science, education, and all things related to the field of neurology. The website has a members’ area for sharing information and services, and stimulating communication and cooperation within the society.
This call is to find a suitable candidate for the position of EAN Website Editor.
The purpose of the EAN website is to:
- Provide a source of information on all EAN projects, initiatives and events
- Communicate news in the field to the neurology community
- Support the corporate identity of European neurology
- Promote advocacy in neurology
The EAN Website Editor is responsible for the content, user friendliness and appearance of the EAN website.
- Develop scientific content (supported by the Scientific Committee and Scientific Panels, and in liaison with EAN pages)
- Develop educational content (supported by the Education Committee)
- Maintain informative content on the broad activities of the EAN as well as relevant external news – in close collaboration with the EAN head Office
The Website Editor is also:
- The main contact for the Communication Committee and the EAN Head Office regarding all questions related to the content of the website (responding to emails – as a rule – within two working days).
- A member of the Communication Committee (CC)
- Spend a considerable amount of time on the editorial job
- Provide a) an annual report to the Communication Committee Chair
b) monthly material, remind authors and check material obtained via EAN Head office
- Review publication exchange requests
- Develop overall content of EAN webpage
Attend monthly Communication Committee online meetings, one meeting at the EAN Head Office in Vienna, and the annual EAN congress
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be able to undertake research using a variety of sources
- Be computer literate and have good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be interested in different methods of communication.
- Understand the target audience and requirements (essential).
We can offer:
- Administrative support from the EAN Head Office
- Support from the EAN Communication Committee Members
- Free registration for the annual EAN congress
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and a two-night hotel stay in Vienna for the planned annual meeting at the EAN Head Office.
The selection process will take place in two stages:
- Be EAN member
- Attach your CV
- Write a motivation letter
- Include your objectives/goals
- Explain how you plan to reach these goals
- Define which elements of your CV will support the reaching of the goals
2. Virtual Interview
Selected Candidates will take part in a virtual evaluation with the Communications Committee chair, EAN Executive Director, and Head of the EAN Head Office Communications Department.
Interested candidates should submit the above-mentioned information and documents to communications[at]ean.org by 14 December 2022.