EAN PAGES Editor job description (2-year position)
The EAN is a non-profit, independent organisation representing more than 45,000 members, as well as 47 European national societies. The EAN, Europe’s Home of Neurology brings together national neurological societies, individual neurologists and related scientists to speak with one united voice. EAN campaigns at a European level to ensure continued resources for research into neurological disorders and diseases, while working closely with patient organisations to ensure the interests and perspectives of patients are embedded in everything we do. The EAN aims to keep Europe at the forefront of neurological research and maintain its position as one of the world’s scientific hotspots in neurology.
The EAN Communication Committee is responsible for advising the EAN Board on communication strategy and assisting the board in liaising with other professional, scientific and lay organisations in the field of neurology in Europe and beyond, as well as the European Union and other European Institutions. The EAN Communication Committee is responsible for EAN pages and the EAN website.
EAN Pages is a blog published by the EAN. Similarly to the website, it is used to disseminate information, sustain, develop and endorse education, strengthen collaboration, and represent the EAN to its members and the general public. EAN Pages informs readers about the society, its activities and official publications, and provides news on science, education, and all things related to the field of neurology. This is done through various categories of articles, with the most important being the monthly Executive Page, Research Paper of the Month, and COVID-19 Paper of the Month, as well as interviews and EAN News. The Editor is responsible for approval of the articles.
This call is to find a suitable candidate for the position of EAN Pages Editor.
The purpose of EAN Pages is to:
- Disseminate information on EAN projects, initiatives, and events to the neurology community
- Communicate external news from the field of neurology of potential interest
- Make relevant information available to the wider public
- Support the corporate identity of European neurology
- Promote advocacy in neurology
The EAN Pages Editor is responsible for overseeing, selecting, and approving content of EAN Pages and ensuring timely submission of key articles each month.
- Content management for key articles
- Approval of content submitted by external contributors
- Collaboration on social media content with the manager
- Blog development
The EAN Pages Editor is also:
- The main contact for the Communication Committee and EAN Head Office regarding all questions related to the content of EAN Pages (responding to emails – as a rule – within three working days).
- Member of the Communication Committee (CC)
- Spend a considerable amount of time on the editorial job
- Provide monthly material, remind authors, and check material obtained via EAN Head office
- Review publication exchange requests
- Develop content for EAN Pages in close collaboration with the content manager and external contributors
- Attend monthly Communication Committee online meetings, one meeting at the EAN Head Office in Vienna, and the annual EAN congress
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be able to undertake research using a variety of sources
- Be computer literate and have good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be interested in different methods of communication.
- Understand the target audience and requirements (essential).
We can offer:
- Administrative support from the EAN Head Office
- Support from the EAN Communication Committee members
- Free registration for the annual EAN Congress
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and a two-night hotel stay in Vienna for the planned annual meeting at the EAN Head Office.
The selection process will take place in two stages:
- Be EAN member
- Attach your CV
- Write a motivation letter
- Include your objectives/goals
- Explain how you plan to reach these goals
- Define which elements of your CV will support the reaching of the goals
2. Virtual Interview
Selected candidates will take part in a virtual evaluation with the Communications Committee chair, EAN Executive Director, and Head of the EAN Head Office Communications Department.
Interested candidates should submit the above-mentioned information and documents to communications[at]ean.org by 14 December 2022.