The European Association of Young Neurologists and Trainees (EAYNT) is the independent representative of junior European neurologist. EAYNT was founded in 1999 in Brussles, has almost 800 members.
Our major aim is to advocate young neurologists interests in major European and worldwide bodies. In addition we promote European training exchange and try to enhance European national core curricula by comparing differences of medical specialisation and disparities in working conditions, level of education throughout Europe.
Thanks to the continuous support of EFNS, our organisation will be present at the next EFNS congress in Sweden. The following events are organized in close collaboration with the EFNS Executive Committee.
1. EAYNT booth: EAYNT will be present at the EFNS booth (booth number 1a) in the exhibition area during the exhibition hours. Here you can contact us, apply for membership, receive information about travel grants and scholarships. Moreover we arrange a lottery for all of the members who fill a quiz. The main prize will be an EAYNT travel grant (175 €). Feel free to contact us in person!
2. EAYNT Session: European harmonisation of neurology education, Sunday, 9 September 2012, 17:30-18:40
Convenor: Walter Struhal, Linz, Austria
- EFNS Training and Education Committee – current pan-European activities (Jean-Marc Léger, Paris, France – Chair EFNS TEC)
- National differences in European residency training and current structures to promote European harmonisation
Walter Struhal, Linz, Austria
- Harmonisation of East European curricula
Cristian Falup Pecurariu, Bucharest, Romania
- Go abroad! Grants and support for European young neurologists
Laszlo Sztriha, London, United Kingdom
This session, a joint proposal from the Training and Education Committee of the EFNS and EAYNT, is aimed at providing detailed information on European training curricula and initiatives of the EFNS to accomplish harmonisation of neurology training in Europe. The broad spectrum of neurology education in Europe will be presented to the attendees and practical information on grants and activities to support training abroad will be provided.
3. Hospital visit and get-together event on Sunday, 9 September 2012
Thanks to the kind invitation of Professor Sten Fredrikson and his department, we kindly invite you to visit the Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute and thereafter join us for a dinner at Restaurant Vapiano to renew old and form new friendships.
For the hospital visit the meeting point is in front of the registration desk at 18:45-18:50. We take a train to the department at 19:21. Expected duration of the visit is 1.5 hours. Dinner starts at 21:00 (at own expenses).
The number of participants for both events is free, but limited therefore registration is required via www.eaynt.org or email@example.com latest until 1st September 2012.
For more information see the following link: www.eaynt.org.
4. Other scientific activities: After many years of successful cooperation between EFNS and our organization, EAYNT delegates will participate in the work of EFNS Scientific Panels and help the poster sessions as poster co-chairs.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Stockholm!