Palliative Care Specialty Panel
- This paper presents the results of the EURO-NEURO survey of neurologists and palliative care specialists, undertaken as a collaboration between the EAN and European Association for Palliative care
- There is widespread collaboration – particulate for ALS and cerebral tumours
- There were barriers to collaboration – financial and resource issues and reluctance to refer patients or to become involved in their care
- Patients and family concerns about palliative care were not common barriers to collaboration – reported by only 10-15% of participants
- There is a need for further education and training of both specialities to help develop collaboration
Please continue here for the full update.