We are looking for a Social Media Editor to join our team at the European Journal of Neurology (EJoN). We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with knowledge of various social media outlets, who will work closely with the editors, the EAN and the publisher to establish and manage a dedicated social media presence for the journal.
What are we looking for?
Specific qualities sought include the following:
- Must have knowledge of a range of social media outlets, with Twitter being essential.
- An understanding of how to produce effective social media content to drive engagement and generate a social media following among both academic and practitioner audiences.
- Must have a proactive and consistent approach to the role with good time management.
- Must be able to work with the neurologycommunity to build both academic and practitioner audiences.
- The ability to assist authors in translating the implications of their findings for a practitioner audience.
- The ability to work constructively with authors, editors, the EAN and the publisher.
Ideal candidates will be scholars in neurology, who are keen to help bring EjoN to a global community of academics and practitioners, and utilise their knowledge of social media to establish and develop dedicated EJoN social media accounts.
There will be some compensation for the role.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 6 November.
- Your CV
- A short statement of what you can bring to the journal in relation to the criteria above
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact email@example.com.