Sub-committee and working group chairs
Members of committees
Are you eager to shape the future of Neurology in Europe in parallel to developing your professional standing and leadership skills?
Following the formation of a new Executive Board of the EAN with the elections in the General Assembly in June 2018, this Board will also revisit existing committees and working groups. After four successful and productive first years, EAN strives for continuity of the excellent work that has been done but will also encourage some rotation. We therefore ask for expressions of interest in any of the following committees and working groups:
- Education Committee & Teaching Course sub-Committee. This committee is responsible for planning and conducting all educational events and educational grants of EAN with a sub-committee responsible specifically for teaching activities during the annual EAN congress. A track record in neurology education and/or assessment is particularly desirable.
- Programme committee. This committee is responsible for the scientific programme and sessions of the annual EAN congress including abstract selection and related issues.
Information on past and current EAN congresses can be found here: https://www.ean.org/Congresses.2719.0.html
- Communication committee & European Affairs sub-Committee. This committee deals with all outside relations of the Society including the different media channels, such as EANpages and the website as well as the relations on a European level, via the European Affairs sub-Committee.
- Scientific committee & Guidelines Production sub-Committee. This committee is responsible for all scientific contributions and achievements of our Society including Guideline production. The scientific committee supports the work of the Scientific Panels, integrates their activities within the Society including other committees and supports their external work
- Quality and Ethics Committee. This committee is responsible for the evaluation of all EAN events and educational grants. It also holds a general oversight in terms of ethical considerations regarding EAN and its officers and members.
All EAN officers must be (or become) EAN Full Individual members, must attend the EAN annual congress, and at least one other face to face meeting during the year; regular email contact is expected as well as participation in monthly telephone conferences. Expenses for any meetings outside the congress are fully met, but the position is otherwise entirely honorary.
On average, the committee work amounts to 2h per week. Members and chairpersons of our standing committees kindly serve EAN for a 2-year term.
Applications will be considered during the summer on the basis of qualification, gender, speciality and geographical distribution by the Board and the President.
If you are interested, please send a summary CV and brief outline (~ 250 words) of your specific experience/expertise to email@example.com by Friday 08 June 2018.