Enjoy the season with all your senses with this special Norwegian treat!
- 450 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- 200 grams sugar
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 100 ml inverted sugar syrup
- 150 grams butter
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger and clove into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and syrup. Stir and warm on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add in the cream to the sugar mixture and stir.
- Once combined, add the sugar to the flour mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Leave the dough in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Remove the dough from the bowl and cut it into four large sections.
- Using one section of dough at a time, roll it out flat and cut it into shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cut-out cookies onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes. When the cookies are slightly brown around the edges, they are done.
- Place the baked cookies on a rack to cool. Once cool, eat and enjoy!
If you don’t like baking, you can buy them in Oslo in June, so remember to register for the 5th EAN Congress 2019! Use code XMAS10 at checkout for a 10% discount off the registration fee (valid until 24.12.2018)