The Management group is the responsible partner of the Scientific Committee. The standard size of the Management group is 3-6 persons, including two co-chairs. The term of a member on the Management group is limited to a maximum of 6 years (3 x 2 years). The duration of the mandate of the co-chairpersons is 2 years, with the possibility of re-election once.
- Guidelines: Responsibility for the Panel Guideline Production, a Liaison Partner to the EAN Guideline Production group.
- Scientific updates & eCommunication: Responsibility for providing news-reports and neurology updates to the EAN eCommunication Board on regular basis.
- Congress: Responsibility for submission of the Panel topic/session proposals for the EAN annual congress.
- Summary of the Panel Activities & Plan of Action: Responsibility for providing an annual report to the Scientific Committee and the Board (done ideally by the chairpersons).
- Rare diseases: Collaboration with the EAN Rare diseases Task force.
- Education: Resposibility for identifying suitable and willing individuals for reviewing fellowship applications, participation in educational events outside the congress and question writing for the EBN exam if required.
- European Affairs: Collaboration with the European Affairs sub-Committee to assist with different EU projects and calls.
Online voting for the EAN Scientific Panel Management Group members will begin on 8 October and continue through to 22 October. All panel members are asked to cast their votes in a secret poll – instructions will be sent out via email.
All information can be found online .
If any questions should arise, please do not hesitate to contact our Head Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.