The European Academy of Neurology, hosted the Brain Health Summit 2023 yesterday (9 May), bringing together key international voices to raise awareness of brain health and provide an opportunity for dialogue and collaboration between stakeholders. More than 1,500 viewers joined online, many of whom took the opportunity to submit their own questions to the panel.
Following on from two successful brain health events last year, the Brain Health Summit 2023 focused on precision neurology and the prevention of neurological diseases, with numerous representatives of European organisations active in the area of neurology and neuroscience joining the panel for our live broadcast from Vienna:
- Orla Galvin, Executive Director, European Federation of Neurological Associations
- Jana Hlavacova, Interim CEO, European Multiple Sclerosis Platform
- Prof. Wolfgang Grisold, President, World Federation of Neurology
- Prof. Theo Vos, Professor of Health Metrics Sciences, Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation
- Maria Teresa Ferretti, Chief Scientific Officer, Women’s Brain Project
- Verena Thaler, Digital Health Manager, Medtech Europe
- Prof. Paul Boon, EAN President
- Prof. Claudio Bassetti, EAN Past-President & European Brain Council President
- Prof. Thomas Berger. EAN Scientific Committee Chair
The summit also saw the launch of the Brain Health Mission, an initiative which aims to support people around the world to take care of their brain health, improve systems for those who live under unfair circumstances, and push for equal education opportunities for doctors. Find out more about the Brain Health Mission here.
Watch the full recording of the summit below, or on our Vimeo account.
For further information and full programme details, click here.