Chairs Prof. A. Toscano, Messina, Italy & Prof. B. Schoser, Munich, Germany
with 24 attendees from 14 countries.
Topic 1: Guidelines
Antonio Toscano and Benedikt Schoser gave a short overview on the EAN principles of a guideline production and stressed the following points
– need to include an epidemiologist/statistician/methodologist
– up to a maximum of 12 authors from 12 countries (no more than 2 authors from the same country)
-for each topic, a core team of up to 4 neurologists and one epidemiologist will do the systematic review and write the first draft. The draft will be revised by the co-chairs, that will be included as co-authors
Guidelines to be developed:
1) management of hyperCKemia (Dr. Theo Kyriakides, Dr. Jochen Schäfer, Prof. Corrado Angelini, Prof. Juan Vilchez)
2) polymyositis/dermatomyositis (Prof. Jan DeBleecker, Marianne de Visser)
3) thymectomy in Myasthenia gravis (Prof. Z. Argov)
The deadline first draft has to be send to the co-chairs by 31th of March 2018. The draft will be discussed in the neuromuscular panel at the next meeting in Lisbon (June 2018).
Topic 2: Educational courses for Eastern countries colleagues and young neurologists:
- a) granted by the EAN: EAN Warsaw Winter school December 2017
- b) we are looking for new proposals for the next year
Topic 3: EAN pages
The EAN pages will be developed by Dr. Paolo Ripellino (representative of young neurologists) and Dr. Nina Khizanshrili, under the guidance of Prof. Gabriele Siciliano
Topic 4: Prof. Argov raised the question about the possibility to include patient associations within the scientific panel. The two co-chairs will ask for the EAN Board opinion about this.
Topic 5:– Panel proposals for Oslo – waiting for recommendations from the EAN Board.