Stroke Live Course – SLICE 2018
October 1st – 3rd 2018
The SLICE is organised to understand and master an increasing set of new and complex situations rarely seen; situations which require further clinical clarification and expertise, for instance:
- How can we modify our current prehospital triage strategies when stroke treatment can now be offered up to 24 hours from onset as opposed to 6 hours?
- With revascularization demonstrating benefits at every stage of treatment – what should be the limits for patient selection?
- Indications for the use of lithics in the acute phase are being reconsidered and revised opening the way to new synergistic utilizations of mechanical revascularization and pharmacologic treatment in our angiosuites… and what will they be?
- We have witnessed chronic carotid occlusions rebuilt even after one month of total occlusion…what does this imply?
This year, like last, there will be many dedicated workshops such as pre-hospital neurological examination or the stroke treatment on silicon model.
For more information, please see here.
31st Annual Congress of the EANM – Joint Symposium Clinical Trials in Dementia: Expectations on Molecular Imaging
October 14th 2018
With more than 130 sessions, the EANM annual congress is the most valuable nuclear medicine meeting worldwide. The main learning objective of this joint symposium is to rais awareness on molecular imaging tools available for clinical trails in Alzheimer’s disease adn understand the needs of clinicians and researchers. The main audience of the congress are physicians and researchers working in the nuclear medicine field.
Further details can be found here.
2nd Rijeka Forum on Neurodegenerative Diseases
October 17th 2018
This meeting will provide a state-of-the art coverage of current knowledge about neurodegenerative disease. The various topics will be covered by an international faculty of distinguished invited lecturers from Trieste, Brescia, Maastricht, London, Ljubljana, Stockholm, Rijeka and Zagreb.
This course is intended for movement disorder specialists, neuroscientists, neurosurgeons, general neurologists, neurophysiologists, psychiatrist, residents of neurology, psychiatry and neurosurgery, specialist nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, neuropsychologists, speech therapists, and trainees who wish to become more involved in neurodegerative diseases
For further information, please consult the website.
3rd MENA Headache Conference
October 18th – 21st 2018
- Epidemiology of Headache
- Interventional Headache treatment
- Child & Adolescent Headache
- Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgia (TAC) & Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Medication Overuse Headache
- Low Pressure headache & IIH
- Nurse Role in Headache & Headache Clinic Setup
- Telemedicine in Headache Management , headache care and education
- Non-pharmacologic Treatment of Headache
- Traditional understanding of headache and traditional headache therapies