The EAN is dedicated to enhancing neurological excellence in Europe through fostering best practices in patient care, research, learning, and networking. Our mission is to promote quality, collaboration, and advancement by partnering with top clinicians, educators, and scientists.
Production of European standards of diagnosis, treatment, and care within the various subfields of neurology is one of the most important aims of the EAN. The EAN Guideline Production Group (GPG) is the overseeing body of the development of all EAN guidelines, ensuring that the EAN guideline production procedures are followed and the quality standards are upheld. The GPG further provides scientific support to the Guideline Taskforces who develop these guidelines while applying the GRADE system – a formal process to rate the quality of scientific evidence in systematic reviews and to develop trustworthy and transparent guidelines.
The EAN is looking for a candidate who will provide support to the EAN Guideline Production Group and Guideline Taskforces as a Junior Methodologist.
The candidate is expected to work within the Guideline Production Group of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN).
- Provide partial or full methodological support to the EAN Guideline Taskforces: assisting in planning of protocols, carrying out systematic reviews and meta-analyses, GRADE evidence summaries and evidence to decision frameworks, as well as assisting guideline task forces in the formulation of recommendations
- Collaborate with the senior methodologist in the coordination of the production of guidelines by the EAN Guideline Taskforces, following the workflow of guideline production
- Critically evaluate the protocols and guidelines
- Participate in the EAN GPG meetings and provide support within its various ongoing projects
- Help organise training activities and workshops on GRADE, on methodology within the EAN
- Travel to the annual EAN congresses and meetings to represent EAN and/or broaden your knowledge.
- Master’s degree in Statistics or Epidemiology, or similar
- Or medical degree with expertise in epidemiology and statistics
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be willing to travel to Vienna for meetings and to the annual Congress (different locations every year)
- Previous experience is a plus
- The junior methodologist may work remotely from home or a personal office and is in regular online communication with the EAN Guideline Production Group, Senior Methodologist, and EAN Head Office.
EAN will provide
- A grant of €835 per month for 10h/week (flexible basis)
- Travel and accommodation to congresses and meetings necessary for your scope of work
- Authorship on publications
- Courses and training if necessary
- Technical equipment if necessary
- Possibility to collaborate with a proficient and motivated team that demonstrates excellent teamwork and synergy
Join a team that is changing the game: we are not just offering a position; we are presenting an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team that is reshaping the landscape of guideline production.
Please send your motivation letter, including your CV, to email@example.com.
Application deadline 29 September 2023.