The European Academy of Neurology is looking for Associate Editors for the eanCampus for a two-year term.
The Editor-in-Chief and Associate Editors are assigned by the EAN Board. The editors should support the Editor-in-Chief (EiC) in developing, communicating, and constantly adapting the publication strategy of the eanCampus within the limits set by the mission of the platform. Each Associate Editor is expected to work towards the EAN strategy, and to help develop the continuous strategy for the e-Learning platform together with the EAN Board and the e-Learning subcommittee.
The Associate Editors will be part of the Editorial Board, together with the Editor-in-Chief.
eanCampus e-Learning Platform:
The EAN is the sole and exclusive owner of the eanCampus platform. The main aim of the platform is the support of life-long learning and of the achievement of excellence in neurology. This digital educational space is aimed at medical students, residents in neurology, as well as early-career and experienced neurologists. Based on the European Training Requirements in Neurology (ETRN), the platform covers general neurological concepts as well as more specific areas of the field.
The EAN is striving to produce and endorse quality content that is constantly reviewed, evaluated and updated to offer the best possible learning environment for the neurological community.
The EAN is responsible for establishing an editorial policy, defining the aims and scope of the platform and supervising the platform’s Editor-in-Chief to implement the EAN’s editorial policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Established international reputation as both a clinician and educator
- Current academic appointment in a neurology-related field
- Demonstrable experience in neurology as a broad discipline
- Substantial experience in medical education gained either by having a degree in medical education and/or having experience in e-Learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to judge the educational validity, importance, and status of online learning material
- Understanding of and appreciation for digital publication
- Interest in innovative educational approaches and understanding of new technologies
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Passion and commitment for the e-Learning platform and its future growth
- Openness to new ideas (e.g. new subject areas for content, new formats)
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador for the e-Learning platform at every opportunity
- To communicate regularly with the other editors concerning the development of the e-Learning platform, educational strategy, submissions and promotion
- To attend the EAN Annual Congress as well as board meetings, online (1x per month) and in person (up to 2x per year)
- Dedicate approximately 5 hours per month to eanCampus related activities (content review, content creation, meetings, etc.)
Editorial Content Management:
- To commission top quality educational content and develop and maintain other forms of appropriate content
- To review submitted content in a timely manner
- To communicate promptly with the EAN Head Office, to accept or reject e-Learning material or to request revision
- To assist authors – where appropriate – in making their amendments to provisionally accepted content
- To work with the Head Office to implement new features, content, and more.
Marketing/Promotion of the eLearning platform:
- To be the ambassador for the e-Learning platform both nationally and internationally
- To promote the e-Learning platform actively when undertaking any professional activity
We can offer:
- Administrative support from the EAN Head Office
- Work as part of an international team
- Direct influence on eanCampus content
- Free registration for the annual EAN congress
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and a two-night hotel stay in Vienna for the planned annual meeting at the EAN Head Office.
The Board of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN) herewith invites applications for the position of Associate Editor, which foresees a term of two years with the option of renewal. The new Associate Editors of the eanCampus will assume their responsibility as of February 2024.
All EAN officers must be (or become) EAN Full Individual members, must attend the EAN annual congress (free registration), and at least one other face-to-face meeting during the year. Regular e-mail contact is expected as well as participation in bi-monthly telephone conferences. Expenses for any meetings outside the congress are fully met, but the position is otherwise entirely honorary.
Interested candidates should send their:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter
- Register of interest form (click here to download)
- Additional documents proving experience in medical education/e-Learning
to Anja Sander, EAN Executive Director, European Academy of Neurology (email@example.com).
The deadline for application is 30 November 2023. Interviews will be held mid-January, 2024, via Online Conferencing Tool.