Every month, you will find an original self-portrait of one Scientific Committee member, who will respond informally to the same 5 questions. Here we go!
- What does inspire you outside neurology?
To interact with and learn from talented people from fields outside of medicine.
- What are the lessons learned from your mistakes?
Certainly to recognize them and learn from them, and to advise others how to avoid them. One never stops making mistakes, the hope is that they become less important the more experienced you become!
- If you would be a comic character, who would you be?
Roy of the Rovers
- If you had not entered your current profession, what would you have liked to do?
A travel writer and food critic – surely there’s no better job to be paid for!
- What is your idea of a perfect day?
To score the winning goal in a Champions League final – but then I have to wake up and go to work (second best perfect day).
Anthony Schapira is Professor of Neurology at the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at the University College London, UK, and the Editor-in-chief of the European Journal of Neurology.